Are you looking for help with your eating so you can prevent diabetes and heart disease?
“My doctor has been telling me to lose a little weight now for a couple of years … I’m on blood pressure and cholesterol pills and now he says my blood sugars are kinda high. I don’t want to get diabetes. And who wants to have a heart attack?!”
You’re at a time in life when you’re thinking more about your health. You’re not 20 anymore, after all. You want more years to enjoy the people you love. You have many more things to do in life. And you don’t want to get diabetes like mom or dad did … or have a heart attack.
You’re feeling stuck, you know you should make some changes, maybe lose some weight to help your health. But it’s hard. And you’ve tried … but even when you do try a new diet or lose some weight, you just can’t seem to make it stick.
It feels like no one thinks you’re doing enough to prevent diabetes or a heart attack though because you don’t want to eat the same thing every single day. Or try supplements or go keto (or another extreme diet) or get a gym membership.
Why does eating have to be so hard?
Everyone has an opinion. There’s a lot of questionable info online. Your doctor is great but just tells you to “Google it” and the public health dietitian has a months-long waitlist …
This is why the Nourish your Health Program was created
This is a program to help you lower your cholesterol, blood pressure, sugar levels and worries about the future of your health.
I’ve seen all too often how disheartened people feel by the time they’ve had enough and decide to ask for help from a dietitian. The restrictions they’ve been instructed to follow, the misinformation they’ve been told to believe, the misguided and sometimes even harmful recommendations. Only to leave the person feeling lost, unconfident, sceptical, and angry with both themselves and the medical system.
You deserve better.
The Nourish your Health Program includes:
- 4 months of support with access to all the online program resources so you can use them at your own pace and go back to review anything you want extra help with
- Group video calls to discuss the topics together and ask Angela your questions, face-to-face, so you won’t get stuck as you start using the strategies and tools. Can’t make it to the live call? No problem, they’ll all be recorded and available for you to watch when it works for you
- Weekly accountability check-ins to prompt you to take action instead of just reading more information
- Videos, worksheets, check-in activities, templates and handouts so you can learn the topics in a variety of ways and use the information in your own plan
- A secure and private online community that is only open to members of the program so you can share your tips and tricks, your wins and your struggles and support each other through your journey
- The learning benefits of being part of a small group at the same time as getting the individualized support you want
This group program is for you if you:
- are at risk of health concerns related to your heart health, blood sugars or weight
- want to lose that 10-30lbs your doctor has been talking about for the past couple of years
- are feeling confused by all the messages out there and are unsure of how to start
- want to learn more than the generic info you’d get from a 2-hour healthy eating class
- want a real person to answer your questions along the way instead of trying to figure it all out yourself
A bit about Angela Hubbard, Registered Dietitian
As a Registered Dietitian, I see so many people struggling with diet after diet so they can get healthy. Being told they’re doing something wrong and feeling judged that they aren’t trying hard enough to avoid chronic health conditions.
Through my 11 years of working with people in their adult years, I’ve become passionate about helping people take back control over their health … before it feels like it takes control over their life.
It’s a natural thing to feel worried about your future if you get a new diagnosis of high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugars. But living a fulfilling and healthful life is possible without having to give up all of your favourite foods or be that person on a diet … I’ve seen it and I want that for you.
I’ve learned and collected tried-and-true strategies throughout my career – starting in my accredited internship to become a Registered Dietitian, to gaining a Certified Diabetes Educator designation, to using the Craving Change® program in practice and most importantly, from seeing the successes of my clients.
When I’m not working with clients I’m hanging out with my boys (playing Lego or convincing the little one to take a nap which is a full-time job in itself) and finding ways to cook using the fewest dishes possible. And those times I have a free moment? Coffee/wine (depending on the time of day), Netflix, crafting, reading and music!
This program might be helpful if you’re
- entering a time in life when you’re thinking more about your health as the years go by
- wondering how to prevent getting diabetes or having heart issues like your friends or family members
- wanting to stop the progression of your metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes
- tired of hearing your doctor tell you over and over that you need to lose a little weight, change your eating or lower your cholesterol or blood pressure
- ready to start making changes in the next 1-3 months
- feeling confused about where to start
But I’m not good with computers …
Concerned about signing up for an online program?
Although this is an online program you don’t need to be a “tech-y” person!
Clients who’ve used the online client portal have told me it’s convenient and easier than FaceTime or Skype.
What technology do you need to be comfortable with? If you can open an email and an account on a website, you’ve got this!
Everything you need will be found in your online portal – registration, important documents, all program materials, messaging system, group chat, forms, etc. You’ll get email notifications with links to the group call appointments, check-ins from Angela and new messages for you to review along with instructions for your next step.
Who this program is not meant for
If the Nourish your Health program sounds interesting to you, but you say yes to any of the following, connect with Angela to discuss other options.
Do you have:
- special dietary needs to manage another medical condition that you haven’t been able to get under control yet?
- chewing or swallowing concerns and need to change the texture of your diet?
- complex medical conditions that are not well controlled such as digestive conditions, multiple food allergies, severe nutritional deficiencies
- kidney problems where you need to follow a special diet, a fluid restriction or have dialysis?
- a weight loss goal of more than 50lbs or a BMI over 35?
- a history of eating disorder, disordered eating or concerns about your relationship with food?
- plans to become pregnant in the next 6 months or are currently pregnant or breastfeeding?
I know you have many options to choose from.
I’d love to hear from you if this sounds interesting but you’re unsure if it’s the program for you. Send me a message if you’d like to talk about your specific situation and concerns.
This is an action-driven program – not a lecture on nutrition!
This is not just another meal plan to follow with generic messages to ‘eat a healthy diet’.
You’ll be guided through the specific changes to make. You’ll have many opportunities to practice what we talk about and find ways to start using the strategies immediately.
With weekly goal and progress check-ins, you’ll have many chances to try out the strategies and practice what you’ve learned … and stay accountable! Life goes on and gets messy. Reading a book or taking a course in your spare time without having the chance to try out the new strategies or customize them to your life isn’t going to help when it comes time to actually making the change.
You need time and space to learn new information, increase your awareness of your current eating, experiment with new habits, ask questions and tweak your plan. Having a real-life person dedicated to walking along this journey with you to provide support, guidance and accountability makes this program so much more than just a lecture on nutrition.
What will I take away from this program?
As a Nourish your Health program participant, you’ll learn how to
- Get past the confusion, stop searching for the ‘right’ diet and actually get started on a sustainable plan
- Make it work in real life and have the flexibility you need while still managing your health well
- Stay motivated with your new habits and maintain successes over the long-term
This is not just another online course that you’ll pay for and never do anything with!
If you’re not showing up to the calls, completing the check-ins or moving forward with the weekly lessons – I’ll be reaching out and finding out what you’re getting stuck with!
Nourish your Health Program Options