Thank you for taking the first step toward protecting and preserving your nutritional well-being! I’m so excited to walk with you on this journey and to see you succeed.
You might be wondering … now what?? Hopefully this will help you get feel prepared for our first visit.
If you haven’t already taken a look, here is a sample of what often happens during a First Visit.
- Check your email for your appointment Confirmation – here you’ll find the link for our video meeting at the time/date of your appointment. Keep this email until after your appointment! You’ll also find a link to this page in that email for your future reference.
- You’ll also receive an email with a link to your Online Client Portal where you’ll find the forms to fill in before we meet. Please take a look at these right away so you can get an idea of how long you’ll need to complete them! It will take at least 3 days to fill in the Food Journal portion (please remember to record your intakes for at least 1 weekend day).
- Complete your online Health and Nutrition Questionnaire as well as your Food Journal at least 3 days before your scheduled appointment. Once you complete them, the system will notify me that they’re ready for review and I’ll get started on creating your personalized welcome package.
- At the time/date of our appointment, get yourself comfy and set up. Go back to your appointment Confirmation email and click the link for the video and I’ll meet you there!
- If you have any questions or concerns about the forms, please don’t hesitate to contact me via the chat box on your Online Client Portal (as this is the most secure form of communication) … or phone/email if you’re having difficulty logging in!
Other important points about working with Angela:
- Insurance coverage.
- The receipt you got after your payment is to show that your payment was successfully made. If you are planning to submit your invoice for insurance reimbursement, you will be provided with an ‘Official’ receipt at the end of your session(s). This ‘Official’ receipt will include a note confirming that the session was carried out and will include additional information that insurance companies often require for reimbursement.
- Important note: If you are working with Angela from outside of BC, it is probably a good idea to double-check with your insurance provider that they cover 1) ‘virtual’ online/phone consults 2) out-of-province RD services.
- Even if you don’t have coverage specifically for a Dietitian, you might have a Health Spending Account. Be sure to ask about that too as it can be used to cover the costs of our sessions together!
- We work together, in your best interest. You are the person who knows the most about you, your routines and preferences. I have suggestions, tips and recommendations about nutrition … but working together is about teamwork! To get the most from our work together, it’s so important that you do your best at using the strategies and letting me know how they work (or don’t) for you.
You might also want to take a peek at these links in the meantime:
- Wondering about all things related to working with Angela? Review some Frequently Asked Questions.
- Have you had a chance yet to read articles on my blog? If not, grab a coffee, sit back and take a look around. I’m always trying to write about things you’ll find interesting … if you have any ideas for me to write about in the future I’d love to hear! Send me a message with your thoughts, questions or curiosities here.
- You (or someone you know) might be interested in some of the free resources I have available.
- Add some nutrition advice you can trust to your social media feeds. Positively Nourishing Nutrition Consulting is also on Facebook and Instagram, sharing news stories and latest research from credible sources. Follow me and find some laughs and behind-the-scenes glimpses into my kitchen and healthy eating hacks.